If you’re someone who leads humbly, builds (and owns) a vision, and offers solutions to improve service, we want to talk with you! We’re looking for a self-motivated leader, who loves playing and working in games, who can help us cultivate our publishing platform.
Our back-end platform is the connective tissue between our players and the games they love. This includes, but is not limited to: game launcher/patchers, account profile and management, billing, technical web and marketing services, CRM, support tools, business intelligence, and many other features which help us service our players. These functions are critical to what separates us from other publishers in the industry.
We have an incredibly strong technical team that resides in our Seattle and Seoul office. As the Technical Program Manager, you will oversee our efforts to build or improve upon our existing services and drive the vision for how we continue to do even more. You will work with virtually every team to assess our needs and define strategic, meter-moving projects. From there you will work with both technical teams in Seattle and Seoul to successfully execute on project plans.
Your ability to clearly communicate, build strong relationships, and drive cross-cultural execution is crucial to success in this role. This is a senior role that is not for the faint of heart.
- Define the scope and goals of assigned projects, acquire resources, and manage tactical and strategic projects through execution
- Partner with cross-functional and cross-cultural stakeholders to frequently communicate requirements, status, and escalate and resolve issues as appropriate
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and measure the impact of initiatives to make noticeable improvements based on impact and feedback
- Work with the leadership team to identify and prioritize the platform team’s biggest challenges and key strategic opportunities in the areas of workflow, innovation, communication, and technology project planning
- Serve as an expert advisor on key issues by working closely with operations, quality assurance, engineering and product management leadership and sharing insights that help optimize our impact
- Manage a team of Korean and English speaking back-end developers
- Fluent in Korean
- A passion for massively multiplayer online role-playing games
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see the big picture while effectively managing details
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to grasp and execute on technical concepts and actions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple cultures and functions in a global organization
- Effectively communicate needs, priorities, and schedule
- Effectively manage folks to get results
- Earns respect and trust from the team
- Experience managing a development team is essential
- Game industry experience is a big plus
- Previous experience leading an online product launch is a big plus
- Either game-industry “platform” experience OR experience producing a web-based account-management platform is big plus
Only submissions with cover letters will be accepted
No agencies, please