If you are passionate about coding intuitive web interfaces, enjoy poring over source code from your favorite sites, and want to work with other great developers at a growing video game publisher, then we want to talk to you!
En Masse Entertainment is seeking a Front-End Web Developer to help extend, refine, and maintain our internal and customer-facing web sites. This person will work in an open, collaborative environment with friendly, driven professionals to increase awareness of En Masse and the games we publish.
- Convert wireframes and mockups into prototype pages and applications.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide feedback about the technical feasibility and usability of web designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent degree/experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with Console UIs
- Experience working with Photoshop
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working with e-commerce
- Passion for video games, especially MMOs
En Masse employees enjoy abundant opportunities for professional growth and the potential to learn on the job. Other job perks include:
- Open floor plan where team members collaborate with one another on the fly
- Great location in the heart of downtown Seattle
- Complimentary refreshments in the kitchen
Applying for this Position:
When applying for this position, please include the following items in a compressed (.zip) file:
- Code samples
- Portfolio of previous work (if applicable)
- Your favorite meme (and a brief explanation why)
You may include links to online versions of these resources, provided they are universally accessible.
No agencies, please